PURPOSE OF THE REGULATION
The present regulation of the Angelini University Award! 2017/2018, hereinafter referred to as Regulation, as the aim to define the access, functioning and evaluation of the 1st edition of the Angelini University Award, hereinafter referred to as “AUA!17/18” or shortly as “Contest”.
The Contest is promoted by Angelini Pharma Česká republika s.r.o., with registered office: Páteřní 1216/7, Bystrc, 635 00 Brno, IČ: 18824706, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno, Section C, Insert 1132 (hereinafter referred to as “Angelini” or “Organizer”).
PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST
The Contest aims to contribute to bring dynamism to the innovation and creativity scene in areas of knowledge related to medicine, through the distinction of a project distinguished by the jury for its quality and relevance.
RULES ABOUT THE PRIZES ATTRIBUTION
1. The Promoter of the Contest is sovereign in the interpretation and application of the present Regulation, as well as in the resolution of aspects in which it is absent.
2. The selection criteria and the grounds for the decision making, including the prize(s) attribution, are an exclusive competence and responsibility of Angelini, and the decisions of the jury can not be object of complaint or appeal, thus being in any circumstances, unassailable and definitive.
3. Angelini reserves the right to not to attribute the prize(s) for regulation reasons or if the jury considers that no project attains the required level of quality.
4. Angelini reserves the right to not to attribute the prizes in case where there are less than 3 projects submitted.
SCOPE OF PROJECTS
The scope of the “AUA!17/18” is Possibilities to fight Antibiotic Resistance. University students are invited to propose projects in the strands that relate to this topic. In this context, approaches from economic, humanistic, financial, creative and technological natures may apply, particularly those in the following fields of knowledge: Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Economics and Management.
Below are some suggestions of projects theme that may be undertaken under the scope of the Contest:
- Infection prevention.
- Control of infection at hospitals.
- Promotion of hygiene enhancement behaviors.
- Studies on the strain of inoffensive bacteria that can compete with the resistant ones.
- Prebiotics and probiotics.
- Microbiome and skin.
- The use of antibiotics outside of medicine.
- Control of the use of antibiotics and antibacterial substances.
- Consumption of antibiotics through the food chain.
- Bacteria migration through means of transport.
- The spread of knowledge about the identity of bacteria to fight them.
- Development of IT and communication solutions to control infection outbreaks and share knowledge globally.
- Study about the consumption of antibiotics in the community.
- Solutions to promote the correct consumption of antibiotics.
- New strategies which allow develop new antibiotics against resistant bacteria’s.
- Population awareness for resistance bacteria’s (e.g. educational games).
Participants can only participate in competition teams consisting of 2 to 5 physical persons over 18 years of age who are university students within bachelor, master and postgraduate study programs in the academic year 2017/2018 at the university in the Czech Republic, including students studying under exchange programs (hereinafter referred to as the “competition team”, “participant” or “competitor”). Each team may be led or supervised by one teacher / professor.
The team must select one of their members to act as their representative (“Team Leader”).
Each individual member of the competition team must be able to prove that he is a student of the relevant college by submitting the relevant documents proving the above to the competitor’s invitation.
1. The Contest will take place during 2017/2018 academic year, that is from September 1st 2017 to August 31th 2018.
2. The application form must be submitted no later than December 15th, 2017, 23:59:59.
3. Deadline for delivery of the projects is at 23.59:59 hours of March 15th, 2018.
1. The Prizes have pecuniary nature and are based on the granting of a monetary amount to the
two best projects.
- a) A gross amount of 100 000 Kč is awarded to the team of the best project. If a teacher / professor of the winning team is part of this winning team, this will be awarded separately with a prize in a gross of CZK 40,000 (if this is in accordance with the provisions of paragraph f), number 2 of article 9).
- b) A gross amount of 50 000 Kč is awarded to the team of the second best project. If a teacher / professor of the winning team is part of this winning team, this will be awarded separately with a prize in a gross of CZK 20,000 (if this is in accordance with the provisions of paragraph f), number 2 of article 9).
2. The distribution of prizes between individual team members and their professors is the responsibility of the leaders of the relevant competition teams. Each member of the winning team will be awarded a diploma of distinction.
3. All authors of the remaining groups will receive a diploma of participation in the Contest.
4. The right to the Prizes shall automatically and definitively be extinguished and without any specific formalism if one of the following situations occurs:
- a) There is an irregularity in the application of the winner(s);
- b) There are indications that the project was developed by other people(s) that were not included in the application;
- c) If the prize(s) is not claimed within a maximum of one year from the date of its awarding;
- d) If the winner(s) do not accept, without any reservation, this Regulation;
- e) In case of non-compliance with any rule of this Regulation.
5. The assignment of the Prize(s) does not confer any rights other than the respective monetary amount, unless the contrary results from this Regulation.
1. The Contest is open to university students who can certify the attendance of a bachelor, master or postgraduate study program in the academic year 2017/2018 in a university in the Czech Republic, which may include students under Exchange Programs and possibly their professor / teacher, by sending their application to the competition (see point 10 of these rules) and then submitting their project to the competition for the given topic of the competition.
2. The Contest projects must, cumulatively, follow these requirements:
- a) Not to be of the authorship of members of the jury;
- b) The competition projects fully comply with the rules of this competition;
- c) Each group can only register once in the 2017/2018 academic year;
- d) Each participant can only join a group;
- e) The members of the group may or may not attend the same universities;
- f) To be organized in groups of two to maximum of five elements;
- g) The groups should have a guidance of a professor /teacher. Nevertheless, if this requirement is not attended, that is not an impediment to participate in the Contest;
3. The awarded projects can only benefit once from the Prize.
1. Applications that meet the conditions of the present Regulation must be formally required by the team leader by filling the online form available at www.angeliniaward.cz, by the deadline for submission of the application.
2. When completing the on-line form, the team leader is required to state:
- a) identification of the leader of the competition team (name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone number, university/faculty, grade)
- b) identification of individual team members (name, surname, address, e-mail, university/faculty, grade)
- c) identification of the professor / teacher (optional)
3. While filling the application form, the authors of the projects must provide a copy of a proof of registration at university during the academic year 2017/2018, these elements must be scanned and sent in electronic format to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Formal submission of the application form (by filling in and sending the web form) expresses unconditional agreement to the provisions of these rules including the consent to the processing of its personal data to the extent stipulated by these rules, while agreeing to verify the accuracy and authenticity of the provided data.
1. All groups must complete a follow-up questionnaire with questions about their projects. This questionnaire will be sent to the competition team’s team via e-mail to the e-mail address given in the application form. The response to the follow-up questionnaire is mandatory and eliminatory.
2. The follow-up questionnaire must be answered by January 31st, 2018 23:59:59 hod.
PROCEDURES FOR PREPARING AND DELIVERING OF THE PROJECTS
1. The projects must be submitted in a written report. They should meet the following criteria:
- a) Name the title of the project, the authors of the project and the educational institution to which they belong;
- b) Do not exceed 50 pages in a Word document or equivalent and sent in PDF format;
- c) They must be written in Czech or English language.
- d) They must be their original unpublished project on a given topic (hereinafter referred to as the “Project”).
2. The written report may be supplemented with attached files (mockups, videos in MP4 or WMA format, samples of products, etc.).
3. The projects must be sent by e-mail to the address email@example.com and by post, under a postal register and in an envelope for Angelini University Award! 2017/20178 Angelini Pharma Česká republika, s.r.o., Páteřní 7, Brno-Bystrc 635 00.
4. The sending by e-mail and mail, under postal registry, must be done until 23.59:59 hours of the day of the deadline for delivery of the projects.
5. As projects are received by digital means post, an email will be sent to each participating group confirming the reception of the documents.
6. The projects submitted to the Contest will not be returned to the candidates.
7. All members of each team compete (in project preparation) to comply with all local laws and regulations, in particular Act No. 40/1995 Coll., On the regulation of advertising and that the project will not cause any damage to the organizer due to violation of this article.
CRITERIA FOR WINNING SELECTION
In the assessment of the projects, the jury will value the merit of the projects through the following parameters:
- Relevance of the project;
- Practical feasibility of the projects / Implementation; (including compliance with legal regulations),
- Formal presentation: written report, pitch and other materials (if applicable).
1. The jury of the Contest is composed by elements with recognized competence and merit in the scope of the Contest, one of them being designated the President of the jury. Each member of the jury has one vote and the jury president two. A written record will be made on the vote of the jury.
2. The disclosure of the composition of the jury will be communicated in a timely manner.
3. If the jury does not consider itself competent to assess the merits of one or more projects, it may consult one or more experts, if so decided by a majority. Contact with any expert(s) will be made by the President of the jury or by the member to whom he delegates.
4. The jury will evaluate all submited projects after submission deadline.
DISCLOSURE AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES
1. Announcement of the projects awarded under the AUA! 17/18 competition will take place at a public event, the date and venue of which will be announced by the organizer to individual participants well in advance.
2. The authors (or individual participants) of the 15 best projects will be requested by the organizer to present their projects to the public event.
3. To qualify for a prize, participants in a competition selected by the jury as winners must meet the following conditions:
- a) To participate in this event;
- b) To allow universities and Angelini to publish award-winning persons and data for the promotion of the competition;
- c) individual members of a competition team must agree to publish their personal data (name, address, city, university) and publish their photographs to the extent set forth in these rules; and the publication and use of the project to the extent set forth in these rules; once the above conditions are met, that participant is entitled to the appropriate price.
4. Prizes will be handed over to the winning competition teams within the aforementioned public event in the hands of any member of the competition team. The transfer will be confirmed by signing the delivery report. Financial prize will then be transfered to the bank account submitted by team, no later than one year from the date of delivery of the voucher.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF PROJECTS
1. The intellectual property of the projects belongs to the authors.
2. However, the individual members of the competition team, by participating and signing up for the competition, give the organizer a non-exclusive free-of-charge agreement that the organizer is entitled to use the project and all its components exclusively for the purpose of organizing, evaluating and promoting it, especially for publicity, on the website www.angeliniaward , and for promotional and marketing purposes within the promotion of the Angelini University Award!, to an unlimited extent (includes unlimited territory, quantity, and time). The Contracting Authority is not obliged to use this license and is authorized to modify the projects for its needs in accordance with the Copyright Act as amended and to continue to use the modified projects. If, for the purposes of the Copyright Act, any necessary further approval of the Participant is required for any further handling of the project (eg its modification, processing, translation, creation of a joint work etc.), such consent is expressly granted by participating in this competition.
3. Individual members of the competition team expressly declare that they are the authors / co-authors of the project and are entitled to grant such authorizations. In the event that the competition proves the opposite, or at any time after the end of the competition, the Competent Team member is fully responsible for any damages incurred in this connection to the Advertiser and undertakes to pay such damages in full. In particular, this means that if, due to a lack of the above, the competitor or any other person has suffered any damage (eg imposing an obligation to provide satisfaction or imposing a fine) or costs, the relevant member of the team must pay them in full.
PERSONAL DATA, PERSONAL RIGHTS
1. By participating in the competition, each competitor, as well as each member of the competition team, expresses his / her agreement to its rules and the organizer is entitled to publish names, surnames, town, university free of charge, to make and publish images and video or audio recordings of the contestants individual members of the competition team in the media and promotional materials for 5 years after the end of this competition.
2. By participating in the competition, each competitor, as well as each member of a competition team, agrees that their names, surnames, city, university, or picture and sound recordings relating to the participants or their manifestations of personal nature (photographs, fonts, .), made especially during the competition announcement, the award ceremony, may be published free of charge in the media, on the Internet or in the promotional material of the contest organizer.
3. By participating in the contest or by entering the competition, the contestants and each member of the competition team will be given free consent to the processing of the data to the extent stated in the application form (name and surname, contact e-mail, telephone, university and contact address) by Angelini Pharma Česká republika sro, Pateřní 1216/7, Bystrc, 635 00 Brno, IČ: 18824706, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno, Section C, Insert 1132, as administrator for the purposes of ordering and evaluating this competition, as well as for the eventual transfer of prizes, their consent to their possible processing for marketing purposes, ie the promotion of the Angelini University Award! Personal data will be processed into the purpose of their processing, but at the latest in the expression of disagreement with further processing. Each member of the competition team acknowledges that he has the rights under Sections 11, 12 and 21 of Act. No 101/2000 Coll., ie in particular that the provision of the data is voluntary, that its consent can be withdrawn free of charge at any time at the address of the administrator, that he has the right of access to personal data and the right to correct the data, to block the incorrect data, If there is any doubt about the observance of rights, you have the right to contact the administrator or directly at the Office for Personal Data Protection www.uoou.cz.
1. The organizer of the competition reserves the right to change or modify the rules of the competition at any time, or cancel the contest without giving any reasons and determining the compensation. The organizer reserves the right to decide on all matters relating to this competition at its sole discretion and without giving any reason. Angelini reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, and at the same time, on the basis of the relevant notice, to change the deadlines and dates set out in these rules as well as the conditions for the transfer of winnings.
2. The individual members of the competition team declare that they participate exclusively at their own responsibility and that the organizers of the competition do not bear any responsibility for any damage incurred in connection with this competition (whether it is damage to health or damage to property) or in connection with the use of winnings.
3. Only members of the competition team who meet the conditions for participation in the competition may participate in the competition as set out in the rules. The organizer of the competition has the right to a final assessment of the fulfillment of the specified conditions of the competition by the individual competitors, respectively. members of the competition team. The organizer is not responsible for any technical issues related to this competition (eg Internet functionality, sending e-mail messages, etc.).
4. Persons not fulfilling the conditions for participation in the competition or acting contrary to the rules will not be included in the competition. If such a person turns out to be a winner, for example, as a result of the false information he has provided, is not entitled to a win and will be eliminated by the organizer of the contest.
5. The organizer is entitled to definitively exclude the competitor, respectively a member of the competition team if he / she suspects that the competitor has obtained a result in a contest by fraudulent behavior or conduct that is contrary to good manners and is capable of influencing the results of that competition. This decision of the organizer is final and without appeal.
6. Participating in the contest is expressed by the competitors, respectively each member of the competition team agrees to the rules of the competition and undertakes to fully respect them.
7. Participation in a competition or winnings cannot be enforced by legal means. The organizer of the competition reserves the right to replace the declared winnings by winnings of a similar type and value.
8. All employees of the contest organizer and all cooperating agencies, companies and their close are excluded from the competition. If the winner becomes a person who is an employee of the listed company or a person close to him, the prize is not passed. In the event of any doubt as to whether the person referred to in this point is the sole organizer, such person shall be the sole participant in the competition.
9. The full rules are available on the competition website www.angeliniaward.cz.