PURPOSE OF THE RULES
The purpose of these rules of the Angelini University Award! 2022 (hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”) is to define the terms of participation, overall functioning and evaluation of the 4th Year of the Angelini University Award (“AUA! 22” or simply the “Competition”).
The Competition is organized by Angelini Pharma Czech Republic s.r.o., registered office: Palachovo náměstí 799/5, Starý Lískovec, 625 00 Brno, Company registration number: 18824706, registered at the Commercial Register of the District Court in Brno, Section C, Entry 1132 (hereinafter referred to as “Angelini” or the “Organizer”).
PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION
The Competition aims to contribute to the dynamic development of innovation and creative approach in the fields related to medicine through a project, which will be selected based on the quality and relevance by the jury of the Competition and the public.
AWARD WINNING RULES
1. The Organizer of the Competition reserves the exclusive right to interpret and apply the Rules set forth herein and to resolve any issues not dealt with by these Rules.
2. The selection criteria and the reasons for the decision, including prize award, are the sole decision-making authority and responsibility of Angelini Company. Under no circumstances, any complaint or appeal against the evaluation of this Competition, which is irreversible and definitive, cannot be lodged.
3. Angelini reserves the right not to award a prize if such a step were inconsistent with the applicable Rules, or if the jury finds that none of the submitted projects meets the Rules of the Competition, for example, it does not achieve the required quality.
4. Angelini reserves the right not to award prizes if less than 5 projects sign up for the Competition, or less than 5 projects are submitted within the specified deadline.
The topic of the AUA! 22 is ” Health crisis solution”.
University students can submit projects from areas relevant to this topic. In this context, economic, humanitarian, creative and technological approaches can be used, especially in the following fields: medicine, pharmacy, nursing, psychology, pedagogy, informatics, economics, and management.
Projects can be focused on topics covering nutritional habits, food allergies and intolerances, therapeutical and molecular targets in nutrition, digitalization in health and nutrition areas (apps, websites, e-learning courses etc.), food supplements, comestibles for special nutrition or cooperation with institutions, charity initiatives.
Projects can be designed as research, supportive applications, educational programes or new strategies in healthcare. In case of doubt it is possible to contact the Organizer and discuss the eligibility of planned projects via the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Microsoft Teams application within a virtual group, which will be created by the Organizer for this purpose and for the purpose of communication with the participants of the Competition.
Participants in this Competition may only be teams consisting of 2–5 individuals aged 18–35 who are university students within the framework of bachelor’s, master’s and postgraduate study programs in the academic year 2021/22 at a university in the Czech Republic, including students studying within exchange programs (hereinafter referred to as “Competition Team”, “Participant” or “Contestant”).
Each team may be supervised by one guarantor/tutor/an expert on a given topic(hereinafter referred to as “Guarantor”). The Guarantor is not considered to be a direct member of the Competition Team but is their special supervisory and advisory body. The Guarantor also agrees with the Rules of this Competition by signing their consent to the personal data processing.
The Competition Team must select one of their members to act as their representative (hereinafter referred to as “Team Leader”).
Each individual member of the Competition Team must be able to prove that he/she is a student of the relevant university by submitting the relevant documents proving the above to the competitor’s invitation.
For the purpose of mutual communication between the Organizer and the Participants of the Competition (or the Guarantor), a virtual group will be created by the Organizer within the Microsoft Teams application.
The Participant undertakes to join this virtual group via his/her e-mail address, which he/she will also enter in the online entry form.
1. The Competition will take place from 1st of November 2021 to 31st of October2022.
2. The application must be submitted no later than 28th of February 2022, 23:59:59.
3. The interim questionnaire must be answered by 31st of March 2022, 23:59:59.
4. The deadline for submitting projects is 31st of May 2022, 23:59:59.
5. The final ceremony will take place in September October 2022 period.
1. Prizes are of a monetary nature, a specific amount of money will be awarded to three of the best projects:
– The Competition Team, which, according to the vote of the Participants of the AUA! 22 event (or alternatively, based on the decision of the jury according to Article 15, number 3 of these Rules) have submitted and presented the best project on the given topic, shall receive CZK 100,000. If this winning team is supervised (assisted) by a Guarantor of the winning Competition Team, this one will be awarded separately with the amount of CZK 20,000 (if this complies with the provisions of paragraph g), number 2 of Article 9).
– The Competition Team, which, according to the vote of the Participants of the AUA! 22 event (or alternatively, based on the decision of the jury according to Article 15, number 3 of these Rules) have submitted the second best project on the given topic, shall receive CZK 50,000. If this winning team is supervised (assisted) by a Guarantor, this one will be awarded separately with the amount of CZK 10,000 (if this complies with the provisions of paragraph g), number 2 of Article 9).
– The Competition Team, which, according to the vote of the Participants of the AUA! 22 event (or alternatively, based on the decision of the jury according to Article 15, number 3 of these Rules) have submitted the third best project on the given topic, shall receive CZK 25,000. If this winning team is supervised (assisted) by a Guarantor, this one will be awarded separately with the amount of CZK 5,000 (if this complies with the provisions of paragraph g), number 2 of Article 9).
2. The distribution of the prizes among the individual members of the Competition Team is the responsibility of the Team leaders of the relevant Competition Teams. The prize is awarded to the Guarantor separately.
3. The winners understand that the prizes are subject to statutory income tax, and will be duly taxed in accordance with the law.
4. The entitlement to the award of prizes will automatically and definitively disappear, without any further formal procedure, if one of the following situations arises:
a) The winning team/teams application contains discrepancies;
b) There are indications that the project concerned has been drawn up by persons other than those indicated in the application;
c) The winner does not apply for the payment of the prize within one year from the date of its award;
d) The winner/winners refuse to express unconditional approval of these Rules;
e) The project topic does not correspond to the given topic or otherwise violates the Rules of this Competition or morality;
f) Any regulation referred to in these Rules will be infringed.
5. Unless otherwise provided by the provisions of these Rules, the allocation of prizes shall not, in addition to obtaining a monetary reward, confer other rights.
ENGAGING IN THE COMPETITION
1. Only Participants or Competition Teams composed of university students who are able to demonstrate their attendance within bachelor, master and postgraduate study programs in the academic year 2021/22 at a university in the Czech Republic, including students studying within exchange programs, possibly supervised by their Guarantor, may participate in the Competition. They shall send their application to the Competition (see point 10 of these Rules) and subsequently their project elaborating the given topic of the Competition.
2. The Competition projects must meet the following requirements:
a) The member / members of the jury may not participate in the elaboration of the project or consult the projects;
b) The Competition projects fully apply to the Rules of this Competition and meet the quality requirements of the given topic and the requirements of the Competition;
c) Each Competition Team may enter this Competition in its duration within the academic year 2021/22 only once (= with one project);
d) Each individual member of a Competition Team may be a member of only one Competition Team;
e) the project cannot be entered into the Competition AUA! repeatedly;
f) Each Competition Team consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of five members;
g) The Competition Teams can be supervised by a Guarantor (professor, tutor or expert in that field). However, failure to meet this requirement is not an obstacle to participation in the Competition.
3. Each project can only be awarded once.
1. An application for the Competition that complies with the provisions of these Rules (with the consent of all members of the Competition Team as well as the Guarantor’s ) shall be formally submitted by the Team Leader by filling in the online form at www.angeliniaward.cz in the Registration section within the time limit set by these Rules within the deadline set for submitting applications.
2. As part of filling in the online form, the Team Leader is required to state:
a) Identification of the Leader of the Competition Team (name, surname, e-mail, telephone number, university/faculty);
b) Identification of individual team members (name, surname, e-mail, telephone number, university/faculty);
c) Identification of the Guarantor (optional), (name, surname, title, department);
The following attachments forming an integral part of the application must be attached:
a) A copy of the certificate of study at a college of the Czech Republic in the academic year 2021/22 of all members of the Competition Team (including the Team Leader);
b) A consent of participation in the Competition and to the processing of personal data to the extent specified by these Rules signed by all members of the Competition Teams and also the Guarantor (a template of this document can be found at www.angeliniaward.cz in the Registration section).
These attachments to the application (confirmation of study and a consent) must be scanned and uploaded as an attachment to the form or sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
3. By formally submitting the application form (by filling in and sending the web form, including a signed consent to participation in the Competition and personal data processing), individual members of the Competition Team and eventually the Guarantor provide unconditional consent to the provisions of these Rules, including a consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with Article 17 of these Rules; at the same time they agree with verification of the accuracy and authenticity of the data provided.
1. All Competition Teams must then fill out a questionnaire with questions concerning their projects. This questionnaire will be sent by the Organizer to the representative of the Competition Team, ie. the Team Leader (within a reasonable time after receipt and registration of the application), upon receipt and registration of the application by email to the e-mail address given in the application form. Completion of the questionnaire in accordance with these Rules, ie. before 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 is mandatory; failure to comply with this obligation may be grounds for exclusion from the Competition.
PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROJECTS
1. The projects must be submitted electronically. The projects should meet the following criteria, they must contain:
a) The title page following the template sent by the Organizer with name of the project, the identification of the individual authors (members of the Competition Team) of the project and the educational institution to which they belong;
b) The project may not exceed 50 standard pages in a Word document or a document created in a similar editor and must be sent in the PDF format;
c) The projects must be written in Czech or Slovak;
d) It must be their original yet unpublished project on a given topic and its content must comply with the terms stated in these Rules
e) The project must contain an abstract in Czech/Slovak and English language which is not longer than 900 characters (blank spaces included).
2. If it is required by the project, it is possible to (beyond the scope of documentation stated above under the letter b)), attach Appendices to the project, eg in the form of tables, figures, prototypes, etc.
3. Projects must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending via e-mail must be made within the deadline for submitting projects, no later than 23:59:59 on the last day of the deadline, ie. by 31st of May 2022, 23:59:59.
4. Once the project has been submitted in a digital form, a confirmation will be sent to the Participants.
5. The projects and their attachments submitted during the Competition will not be returned to the Participants.
6. All members of each Competition Team and the Guarantor participating in the Competition (when elaborating the project) undertake to comply with all local laws and regulations, in particular, Act No. 40/1995 Coll., On the regulation of advertising, the processing of the project will not cause the Organizer any harm as a result of the violation of this Article. The Competition does not serve to promote the sale / dispensing / prescribing of medicines or medical devices.
CRITERIA FOR THE SELECTION OF COMPETITION FINALISTS
When evaluating projects, the jury will focus on evaluating their benefits based on the following criteria:
– Project relevance;
– Practical feasibility of projects/implementation (including compliance with legal regulations);
– Formal presentation: Written project and related materials (if submitted).
1. The jury selects to the semi-final not more than 10 Competition projects. The jury consists of four members, namely Medical Director of Angelini (chairman of the jury), another Angelini expert and two external independent experts in areas covering the topic of the Competition.
2. In the event that the jury does not feel competent to assess the substance of a project, they may ask one or more experts to cooperate, provided that the majority of its members agrees with it. The contact with the expert/experts is provided by the chairman of the jury or a member of the jury appointed by the chairman of the jury.
3. Each member of the jury evaluates projects independently to other members using unitary form. The 10 Competitions projects for semi-final presentations are chosen according to total amount of points gained from jury members. In case of point equality of individual Competition projects, the jury will vote on Competition projects that received the same number of points and could be according to the number of points achieved selected for the semi-finals of the Competition – each member of the jury has 1 vote (excluding chairman of the jury), the chairman of the jury has 2 votes–. A written record of the voting process shall be procured. The projects that have been selected by the jury to participate in the semi-finals, ie. 10 Competition projects, will be announced no later than on the 31st of July 2022.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDED PROJECTS, AWARDS CEREMONY
1. An announcement of the projects awarded under the AUA!22 competition will take place during a public event till the 31st of October 2022. The venue will be announced by the Organizer to the Participants and the Guarantor well in advance.
2. Selected semi-finalists (i.e., 10 Competition projects, that have been selected by the jury in accordance with the terms laid down in these Rules) will be asked by the organizer to send a video presentation of the competition project of up to 3 minutes one month before the public event. The technical parameters of the video presentation must correspond to a predefined specification. The selected semi-finalist will also be asked to present their projects within the presentation at the public event and respond to questions from jury. Questions will be sent to semi-finalists in advance, before this public event takes place. Then the jury selects no more than 5 projects, i.e., 5 Competition Teams within the selected semi-finalists (finalists), which will publicly present their projects within the presentation also within the framework of the event to all participants of the event. At the end of the above mentioned presentation, there will be a poll on the best project that can be cast by all (invited) AUA!22 participants, which means all participants in the Competition being present at the event (with the exception of finalists) as well as other participants (e.g. professional guests). Each registered participant has one vote. The voting will take place electronically. The winning projects (i.e., the best project, the second best project and the third best project) will then be decided by all participants of the AUA! 22 with the exception of the finalists, i.e., the 5 Competition Teams, whose projects were selected by the jury to participate in the finals.
3. A report from the whole poll is procured. In the event of an equality of votes, the winner of the Competition – the best projects (alternatively the second best, or the third best project) will be decided by the jury in accordance with the terms of voting of the jury in the event of equality of votes laid down in section 14, paragraph 3 of these Rules.
4. To qualify for the prize, the Participants in the Competition whose projects were selected as the winning ones (the best project, second best project and third best project) by participants in the AUA! 22 must meet the following conditions:
a) Participate in the aforementioned event (at least 1 member of the Competition Team);
b) Allow universities and the Organizer to publish award-winning persons and data in order to promote the Competition;
c) The individual members of the Competition Team must respect interest of the Organizer on publishing their personal data (name, surname, university) and publishing their photographs to the extent specified by these Rules; and
d) The individual members of the Competition Team must agree with the publishing and use the project to the extent set forth in these Rules;
Once the above conditions are met, the Participants are then entitled to win the appropriate prize.
5. The prizes will be handed over to the winning Competition Teams (the best project, second best project and third best project) in the framework of the aforementioned public event in the form of “image vouchers” in the hands to any member of the Competition Team. In order to collect the prize, the team must present the voucher and confirm an agreement with the prize collection. The above agreement must be confirmed in writing by all members of the team (and possibly by the Guarantor, in case of supervision of the best – winning project, or the second or third best project). Subsequently, the funds will be reimbursed to the bank account submitted, but no later than one year after the date of the voucher delivery.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS RELATED TO PROJECTS
1. Intellectual property rights related to the project belongs to the project authors.
2. However, individual members of the Competition Team, by their participation in the Competition and by signing up for the Competition, give the Organizer a non-exclusive free consent allowing the Organizer use the projects and all its components solely for the purpose of organizing, evaluating and promoting the Competition, in particular at public events and on www.angeliniaward.com website, and for promotional and marketing purposes within the Angelini University Award! promotion, to an unlimited extent (including unlimited territory, quantity, and time). The Organizer is not obliged to use this license and is entitled to modify the projects for their needs in accordance with the Copyright Act, as amended, and to continue to use the modified projects. If for the purposes of the Copyright Act, any necessary further approval of the Participant is required for any further handling of the project (e.g. its modification, processing, translation, the creation of a joint work, etc.); such consent is expressly granted by participating in this Competition.
3. Individual members of the Competition Team explicitly declare that they are the authors/co-authors of the project and are authorized to grant such authorizations. In the event that the Competition proves otherwise, the Competition Team member shall be fully responsible for all damages incurred to the Organizer in this respect and shall be obliged to fully pay for the damages forthwith. In particular, this means that if, due to a lack of the above, the Organizer or any other person has suffered any damage (e.g. imposing an obligation to provide satisfaction or to impose a fine) or expenses, the relevant member of the Competition Team is obliged to pay them in full.
PERSONAL DATA, PERSONAL RIGHTS
1. The participation in the Competition is voluntary. A representative, member of the Competition Team, Guarantor (hereinafter referred to as the “Data Subject”) by signing the document “Agreement with the Rules of the Competition and Consent to the Personal Data Processing” – agrees to the processing of the personal data provided for the purpose of the Competition in accordance with these Rules. For the purpose of checking the fulfilment of the conditions concerning the participation in the Competition, its evaluation and presenting with the award, the following personal data of the Data Subject shall be processed: name, surname, phone, address, e-mail, university/faculty, year, Guarantors department, information on participation in the Competition, the date and time of the application, the IP address of the device used to submit the application, the IP address of the device from which the Data Subject logged into the virtual group within Microsoft Teams, content of the communication within the Microsoft Teams virtual group, and, in the case of win, the data necessary for delivering the award, award presentation and related communication. For the purposes of marketing and promotion, the following personal data of the Data Subject shall be processed: name and surname / university / faculty / Guarantors department and photographs.
2. The Data Subject understands that the provision of personal data in the scope of a name, surname, e-mail, university/faculty, the Guarantors department and telephone number is necessary in order to participate in the Competition. If any of this personal data is not provided by the Data Subject, the Data Subject loses the opportunity to win.
3. The processing of personal data of a Data Subject is governed by Regulation (EC) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (hereafter referred to as “the Regulation”) and by Act No. 110/2019 Coll., On personal data processing, in actual definition of the law, which it is applied. The Organizer is the Controller of the personal data within the meaning of the Regulation.
4. The provided consent is the legal title for personal data processing. If the consent is withdrawn, only a limited amount of data shall be processed for a limited period of three years for the purpose of protecting the rights of the Controller (due to possible control by a supervisory authority, defense against claims, receivables recovery) due to the Organizer’s legitimate interest, if required by a special legal regulation.
5. The processing of personal data for the purpose of Competition administration and presenting with the awards is the time comprising the time when the formal application has been filled in and submitted until the awards settlement or until the consent of the Data Subject is withdrawn. Participation in the Competition terminates with the consent withdrawal. The processing of personal data for the purposes of marketing and promotion is 5 years from the end of the Competition and the awards settlement.
6. The processing method is electronic, manual and partially automated.
7. The data provided by the Data Subject may be processed by a marketing company authorized by the Organizer of the Competition as a processor, in a manner customary for the Competition organization, delivery companies, IT service providers and accountants, tax and legal advisers.
8. The Data Subject may at any time withdraw their consent by sending an email to email@example.com where the other rights of the Data Subject may also be exercised. In case of doubt concerning the observance of the rights, the Data Subject may contact the Organizer via firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email, the Data Subject may submit objections, requests, complaints or other privacy concerns to the Organizer. The Supervisory Authority is the Office for Personal Data Protection, to which the Data Subject may lodge a complaint.
9. The Data Subject acknowledges that they have the rights under the applicable law, i.e., in particular, they acknowledge that the provision of the data is voluntary; that the processing is transparent; that they have the right to information and access to personal data and the right to correct their personal data, in particular by blocking, restricting of processing, or erasure of personal data. The Data Subject also has the right to data portability and the right to be forgotten. The Data Subject also has the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes, including profiling. The Data Subject has the right to object to processing based on legitimate interest. The Data Subject shall not be the subject of a decision based on automated processing that has legal effects or has a significant effect on it.
10. The Organizer named the Data Protection Officer:
Name: Weinhold Legal, v.o.s. advokátní kancelář
Address: Na Florenci 2116/15, 110 00 Prague 1
11. By signing the Agreement document, the member of the Competition, respectively each member of the Competition Team and the Guarantor, grants the Organizer gratuitous use of the above mentioned name, surname, university/faculty (Guarantors department) in the media (including internet), promotional materials of the Organizer in connection with Competition for marketing purposes of the Organizer; they also agree that the Organizer is entitled within the AUA! 22 to acquire or record their person, including their appearance and other significant features of their personality (hereinafter referred to as “Personality Features”), using any photographic or video recording technology; and subsequently confirms their consent to use these records or, photographs and videos (also referred to as “records”) capturing the Participant respectively a member of the Competition Team or the Guarantor, including their Personality Features, to an unlimited extent, in particular to publish them in the media, promotional material of the Organizer. The above-described consent to use the name, surname, university/faculty (department of Guarantor), records, visual and audiovisual recordings of their person, including Personality Features, shall be provided for the duration of the signature of this consent until the expiration of 5 years after the end of the Competition, unlimited territorial scope, unlimited amount (use) and all uses and distribution (especially for broadcasting, prints, leaflets, posters, printed ads and the Internet).
The Contestant understands and agrees that the Organizer is entitled to make the necessary adjustments, retouching and corrections in the record, to include the record in other materials, including the addition of various commercial or advertising attributes, to use this form in the above-mentioned extent and in conjunction with other author’s works.
The Contestant is also aware that the Organizer has the right, but not the obligation to use the record (concerns the record as a whole and its individual parts). The Organizer shall also have the right, but not the obligation, to use the record, in the analogous extent, also the name, surname and the university/faculty of the Contestant, and department of the Guarantor.
1. The Organizer of the Competition reserves the right to amend or modify the Rules of the Competition at any time, or to cancel the Competition without giving any reasons and determining the compensation. The Organizer reserves the right to decide on all matters relating to this Competition at its sole discretion and without giving any reason. The Angelini company reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to amend the deadlines and dates specified in these Rules, as well as the conditions concerning awards presentation.
2. By participating in this Competition, individual members of the Competition Team (as well as the Guarantor) declare that they participate exclusively under their own responsibility and that the Organizer of the Competition does not bear any responsibility for any damage incurred in connection with this Competition (whether it is damage to health or damage to property) or in connection with the use of the awards.
3. Only Participants, i.e., members of the Competition Team who meet the conditions for participation in the Competition as specified in the Rules may participate in the Competition. The Organizer of the Competition is entitled to the final assessment of the fulfilment of the specified conditions of the Competition by individual Participants or members of the Competition Team (as well as the Guarantor). The Organizer is not responsible for any technical issues related to this Competition (e.g. Internet functionality, sending e-mail messages, etc.).
4. Persons who do not meet the conditions concerning the participation in the Competition or act in contradiction with the Rules will not be included in the Competition. If such a person becomes a winner, despite the false information they have provided, they shall not be entitled to the award and shall be disqualified by the Organizer of the Competition.
5. The Organizer is entitled to definitively disqualify the Participant or a member of a Competition Team (as well as a Guarantor) in the event of a suspicion that the Participant has obtained a result in the Competition by fraudulent conduct or conduct that is contrary to good manners and is capable of influencing the Competition results. This decision of the Organizer is final and unenforceable.
6. The Participant or each member of the Competition Team and the Guarantor express their participation in the Competition and agree to comply with the Rules of the Competition.
7. A participation in the Competition or prize award cannot be enforced by legal means. The Organizer of the Competition reserves the right to replace the declared prizes with prizes of a similar type and value.
8. The jury of the Competition, all employees of the Organizer and all cooperating agencies, companies, and their close associates are excluded from the Competition. If the winner becomes a person who is an employee of one of the listed companies or a close person, the prize is not awarded. Only the Organizer decides on the participation of such a person in the Competition in case of doubt as to whether the person mentioned on this point is concerned.
9. The comprehensive Rules are available on the Competition website www.angeliniaward.cz.